Geometric Prim Objects
A prim is a geometric shape object you can use to build. A texture is the image wrapped around that prim.
PRIMS - Introduction
In this video, WATCH as piles of standard geometric shapes turn into a car.
ADD a PRIM TO YOUR REGION (with EZBuild Tools)
BROWSE The TEXTURE LIBRARY
1) Open the Building Tools Panel via:
- Bottom Toolbar Button; or
- Top Toolbar (Region | Building Tools)
2) Click the button provided near the top of the panel.
3) Find the Library Toolbar across the top and click the button.
The texture library, on its own, is just for browsing and viewing. USING a texture is done in conjunction with the building tools because textures are placed on geometric prims shapes. (See above)
FIND A TEXTURE by clicking a FILTER CATEGORY BUTTON or using the KEYWORD SEARCH TOOL.
Something to Note: The RED NUMBER in the top left corner of each image is called the Texture EasyID Number.
UPLOAD NEW TEXTURES - VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
The video below shows how to upload textures and use the texture library in the building process. For more information, please review 3DWW_1001 : Building Process.
Scroll down for written instructions on uploading a new texture.
UPLOAD NEW TEXTURES - WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open the Building Tools via Button or Top Toolbar (Region | Building Tools)
2) Click the EDIT TOOLS button provided near the top of the panel.
3) Scroll down to the section labeled Upload and Add to Libraries
4) Click the Textures Button.
5) Complete this form.
6. Upon submit you will get a File Successfully Uploaded message at the top. Add another texture or click the Back to Edit Tools button to continue.
UPDATE 03/23/21 - TEXTURE UPLOADER
For convenience, you can now also access the texture uploader from the Texture Library.