1) Rent some land - Easy and Affordable. Click here to learn more. Region owners are automatically afforded access to all of our building tools on their region(s).
2) A region owner can grant you building rights.
*Only those with building rights will be able to access the tools on a given region.
The Building Tools Button is not on the bottom toolbar by default. If you are building a region, we recommend adding two buttons to your bottom toolbar for your convenience.
1) Building Tools Button and
2) Prim Drop Set Location Button.
VIdeo Instructions - Add Building Buttons to Bottom Toolbar
For written Instructions on how to customize your user interface and add these buttons to your bottom toolbar, visit this section:
3DWW-0001 : User Interface, Toolbars and Buttons
B. Customizing Your User Interface
After you add items to your region you can certainly move them around, but things tend to go faster and easier if you put them near their intended location.
1. Walk your avatar to the intended spot.
2. Click the PRIM DROP BUTTON on the bottom toolbar.
3. Your avatar will do a little "JIG" to confirm the drop location is set.
** if you have chosen to not put this button on your bottom toolbar -
Top Toolbar Access = Region | Set PrimDrop Location
Sometimes the building system is one step behind you. If you build on multiple regions, ALWAYS MAKE SURE the building tools list the expected region. You also may need to give the system a kick, to recognize your building rights. SUPER EASY ONE CLICK. Watch this:
If following the process above doesn't resolve your issues, please contact tech support.
There are Two Different Toolsets that make building on 3DWebWorldz easy.
Learn the two terms:
EZBuild Tools - Easy push button method. Fast and fun!
Advanced Toolset - Slower process, but very exact, manual entry 3D coordinate method. Advanced Toolset is also used for advanced object and interaction functions.
We will begin learning with the EZBuild Tools and add in the Advanced Toolset as needed for certain functions.
Fullscreen Video Here
1. Open the Building Tools
2. Confirm the editing tools are set to the correct region and that your building rights are acknowledged. If not, click the RELOAD button on that panel.
3. Click the panel button labeled: EDIT TOOLS
4. Scroll down to the second section labeled: EDIT REGION ASSETS
5. Click the button that says: Turn EZ Build Tools On
NOTE: This button is a toggle switch. On/Off
6. Click the REGION RELOAD BUTTON on the bottom toolbar.
7. The region where you stand will reload and the EZBuild tool panel will open on the left hand side of your screen.
**Instructions coming soon.**